- Member Since: December 17, 2020
Guideto Magnetic Fishing
Magnetic fishing is a type of fishing that takes place both at sea and in rivers. To be able to carry it out you need a neodymium magnet,this is its main element and differentiator. These kinds of magnets look small, but they have a lot of strength. You'd be surprised how many kilos you can lift with just one of them, in proportion to their weight or size.
This type of "fishing" varies from what we usually try,as it is not about catching fish, but we found it curious to show what it is and how we can do it. It doesn't really require spectacular preparation and the number of hours you spend at the fishing spot is proportional to the number of catches you want to get.
The steps to be taken to get objects of all kinds in magnetic fishing are very concrete:
1. The magnet must be knotted with the rope on one side and, on the other hand, another knot can be made to a backpack or other element that we carry. With this what we will do is ensure that if the rope escapes from our hands, the magnet will not be lost in the waters because we will have a second grip point. It is also recommended to include several loops so that it does not escape.
2. When we check that the knot is in perfect condition and the magnet does not escape, then we make a couple of turns with the force of the arm to release the rope in a horizontal throw, as far away as we can from our position. We will try to avoid too rocky areas as much as possible, as it may be the case that the magnet is enclosed among the mass of stones. Getting it out of them can become a very complicated mission, so there are many fishermen who choose to abandon their magnets when they become clogged that way.
3. When we have made the launch we will not notice anything, so we will have to take out the magnet from time to time to see if pieces have been captured. We will look at the different fighters so that we can see what the waters where we decide to carry out the activity contain.
You'll be amazed at how many rare and strange items you can find underwater!
What equipment do I need to fish with a neodymium magnet?
You don't need to have too many elements to be able to carry out this unique type of fishing, but if some basic objects listed below:
• Rope: A rope of different lengths is taken, depending on the area where you are going fishing. The higher the current, the shorter it must be, so that it does not go far with the magnet and is believed to be so strong that we cannot hold it from our side. The rope should not be too thick because the interesting thing is that it moves through the water without resisting too much resistance. The price of these strings is not very high; any fisherman can afford it and in fact, we advise them as part of any fishing add-on kit.
• Neodymium magnet: On the other hand, we obviously need the neodymium magnet. This can be purchased from fishing shops or, if you already know the model that will interest you, you can make a purchase on any digital platform, where you also find them.
• Gloves: Another utensil that can be carried is a glove to hold the rope. In cases where there is a lot of current, the pressure exerted by the force of the magnet can cause us to rub our hands when trying to pull the rope. For this reason, for this type of day it is best to take some gloves and so, when pulling the rope, we will not have that problem.
• Appropriate clothing: It is also important to wear comfortable clothing suitable for each time of the year. If we have vadeador or fishing monkey,it is recommended that it be used for fishing with magnets. This is mostly because if we go in a little cooler season and the magnet gets stuck, we will have to get inside the water to be able to recover it. In this type of fishing, in addition, "treasures" are sought in all nearby areas and, therefore, it is common to make launches from both sides of the river, passing from one side of the river to the other, protected mainly by the fishing monkey. For the same reason, non-slip footwear is also essential.
• Slides : It isrecommended to carry jars where we can put everything that adheres to our fishing magnet. So that we can have everything neatly and by hand and, so, when we go to prepare the backpack to leave the place, we don't leave anything, you won't want to lose this treasure or old pieces that you have had so hard to find!.
• Backpack: If the backpack had compartments it would also be important, since sorting the objects, if there are not too many, can also be done here.
• Accessories: Then other accessories should already be included that any fisherman would carry depending on the place and the fishing that is in mind. You should not forget, either, wear warm products or to fight heat, such as a cap or protective cream. This is already left in the choice of each fisherman when preparing their backpack and consider depending on the area and the weather.